The movie holds the record of the longest-running Bollywood movie in one of the theatres in Mumbai, known as Maratha Mandir. Even today, the film is considered as one of the best romantic movies.
The songs of Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge is heart touching and makes us feel the essence of love. So let’s dive into the facts of #DDLJ.
3. The famous track “Mahendi Laga ke rakhna” was initially meant to be for a different movie, but later a sudden change in the plan made the song appear in the movie and prove it to be a mammoth hit.
4. Himani Shivpuri was also meant to appear in the last scene of DDLJ; however, at the last moment, she had to drop herself from the scene because of her husband’s death.
6. In the song, RUKH JA OH DIL DEEWANe Aditya Chopra had asked Shah Rukh Khan to drop Kajol towards the end of the song without giving any proper intimation to her. He wanted to capture the actual reaction of Kajol after the song ends.
7. The innovation of DDLJ was done in a span of 3 weeks by Aditya Chopra as he was the writer behind the movie.
9. Maratha Mandir continued running the Blockbuster hit DDLJ for a continuation of 19 long years.
10. The scene in which Anupam Kher informs Raj about his ancestors are the real ancestors of Anupam Kher- source Scoopwhoop.com